Be Prepared to Apply
Our application form should take up to an hour to complete and we advise using a PC or laptop where you can, as it can be difficult to load and attach documents on a mobile phone.
Information to have ready
The information you will need ready to complete your application includes:
- Name, address and date of birth, National Insurance number, driving licence number (if you have one),
- Details of your employment for the past 10 years – including the name of organisation, contact name for a reference, their job title and phone/email address details,
- You will also be asked to provide information about any Tattoos and Piercings, including a description, the meaning of the tattoo and its location. If any are visible, i.e. on your hands, face or neck then you will be asked to provide photos,
- You will need to provide information regarding your educational qualifications that are relevant for the entry route you are applying for. This includes name of the school/college/university, type of qualification and grade obtained. If you have not yet achieved your degree, A-Level etc. then you will be asked when you expect to finish,
- We also need to know if you have applied for a police officer role with another force, and whether you have attended the National Assessment either in person or online (NRAC or OAP) and when.
Documents to be uploaded
You will be asked for either a scanned or photographed copy of a number of documents. However, please note if you have any problems uploading the requested documents, then do not delay submitting your application as the documents can be supplied at a later date when a member of the Recruitment team contacts you. It just means that it may take longer to progress your application through the eligibility checks.
These are the documents/photos that we will request:
- Drivers licence: we require images of both the Front and Back,
- Education: evidence of your educational qualifications:
- For the PC and DC DHEP this will be a copy of your Degree certificate. If you have not yet graduated, then you will need to provide it at a later date,
- For the PCDA, this will be copies of your GCSE/Functional Skills or other Level 2 qualifications in Maths and English, plus your A Levels or other Level 3 equivalent qualifications. If you have not yet completed your Level 3, then let us know when you expect to complete.
- For IPLDP, this will be copies of your GCSE/Functional Skills or other Level 2 qualifications in English and Maths.
- Foreign qualifications: a Statement of Comparability from UK ENIC (previously NARIC). You will need to apply to UK ENIC for proof that your qualifications are equivalent to the required UK qualifications. If you have applied to UK ENIC but not yet received a reply, then again, this can follow on at a later date,
- Nationality: If you are not a British Citizen, then we will require copies of your passport,
- Residency: If you are not a British Citizen, then we require a photo/scan of your Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or settlement documents. If you are in the process of applying to the EU Settlement Scheme, we will require copies of the Home Office letter and/or Right to Work documents.
… and finally, Diversity monitoring
You will be asked to complete a number of diversity monitoring questions. We collect this information to provide anonymised data analysis in order to better understand diversity and representation within our workforce and our applicants. Other than this, we will not use the data for any other purpose and the data will not contribute to any decision making in the selection process. The questions include: ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion and disability.